Player Codes of Conduct
Mesa Rebels Volleyball seeks to instill positive character-building traits in our communities’ youth through the demonstration of good sportsmanship, respect for others, responsibility, fairness, caring and good citizenship. We ask that participants in MRV sponsored events help us by reflecting these character traits at events.
When participating in MRV sponsored events, I therefore agree that I:
- Will take care of my body.
- Will participate in volleyball alcohol, tobacco and drug free.
- Will work hard and honestly to improve performance and participation of not only myself but my team as well.
- Will use positive verbal and physical behavior, controlling my temper and aggression towards my opponents, teammates, coaches, officials, spectators and tournament personnel.
- Will play by the rules of volleyball.
- Will treat all those involved in the match with dignity and respect.
- Will meet all requirements in the classroom.
- Will give true information concerning another individual’s involvement in or knowledge of an incident relevant to a violation of the rules.
- Will treat others as I wish to be treated.
- Will respect the property of others.
- Will maintain a positive image of myself by participating for enjoyment.
Parent Codes of Conduct
We ask that parents and their guests attending MRV sponsored events help us by reflecting these character traits at events.
When attending MRV sponsored events, I therefore agree:
- I will be a positive role model for my child and I will not engage in any kind of unsportsmanlike conduct with any official, coach, player, or parent such as booing, taunting or using profane language or gestures, etc.
- I will not encourage any behaviors or practices that would endanger the health and wellbeing of the athletes.
- I will attend all volleyball events alcohol and drug free
- I will require that my child treat other players, coaches, officials and spectators with respect regardless of race, sex, or ability.
- I will never ridicule or yell at my child or other participant for making a mistake or losing a competition.
- I will respect the officials and their authority during events and will never question, discuss, or confront coaches or referees at the event, and will take time to speak with coaches at an agreed upon time and place.
- I will refrain from coaching my child or other players during events, unless I am one of the official coaches of the team and remain in the spectator areas during all games and events.
- I will inform the coach of any physical disability or ailment that may affect the safety of my child or the safety of others.
- I will protect the ability to continue using a facility by following all the rules of the facility, such as NO FOOD OR COOLERS IN THE GYM, smoking in designated areas only, throwing all trash in an appropriate receptacle, etc.
- I will protect athletes from sanctions and/or suspension by producing accurate documentation and honoring financial commitments.
I also agree that if I fail to abide by the aforementioned rules and guidelines, I will be subject to disciplinary action that could include, but is not limited to the following:
- Verbal warning by official, head coach, and/or member of league organization
- Written warning
- Parental game suspension with written documentation of incident
- Parental season suspension